Ivan Braginski

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ivan Braginski

Post by niknik on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Name: Ivan Braginski

Country representing: The Russian Federation

Background:
Ivan was born in Russia, near the border of Ukraine and Belarus. There he had an older and a younger sister and for a while they lived a fairly normal life. Ivan loved his big and little sister and as he grew he knew that he always wanted to protect his little family. However everything changed around his ninth birthday, around which time Ivan was kidnapped while walking home from school. For a year he was gone, and when he did return he apparently had no recollection of what had taken place during his captivity. When Ivan did return though, he acted differently than before. For someone who acted so sweet, he seemed to have developed a love of cruelty and would be sent home from school for bullying.
That was when the family began to break apart, the stress of the past few years having too great of effect on Ivan’s parents. They divorced, and his mother took his younger sister to Belarus. Ivan was sent to a military school up North, and his older sister stayed with his father.

Ivan didn’t see his sisters again for a very long time, though when he did see them he found that his younger sister had developed an unhealthy attachment for him. As for Ivan, he successfully graduated from his military schooling unharmed. His passive aggressive attitude did not change, he just became better at hiding it from the professors (and so was not written up for it). After finishing his schooling Ivan decided to pursue a career in carpentry. He had a real knack for building things and was surprisingly good at mathematics and physics. His job took him to Siberia, where he worked through the harsh winter months.

When hearing about the Utopian program, Ivan sighed himself up and encouraged his sisters to do so also. He managed to convince (threaten) and work the system in a way that got not only himself but his two sisters chosen.

Personality:
There is defiantly something off about Ivan, and if you don’t notice it right away you will in a few minutes. He acts surprisingly young for someone his age and will often giggle at the most inappropriate things. He has a boyish smile and enjoys playing with others. Due to Ivan’s childish nature however, some of his games are seen as cruel or inappropriate (ever played ‘third degree burns to the face’? Not fun.) He seems to lack empathy in certain situations (see games) however Ivan does genuinely care for other people. He has a deep hunger to be loved and doesn’t actually enjoy being alone (though he is used to it).

Ivan tends to have two levels to his cruelty. On one hand, he may smile and laugh while talking about cutting off your fingers, or he may begin to chuckle darkly to give you a warning to stop whatever it is you did to piss him off. However if you really anger Ivan he will not act like a child. In this sense he becomes deadly serious and hurts you. No warning. No questions.

Ivan is very protective of his sisters and loves them deeply (though he is scared of the youngest). He is loyal to his friends (who he sees as ‘his’) and will become violent if you hurt something he deems as his (ex. ‘nobody teases him but me’). He likes teasing and mentally ‘screwing’ with people and finds it funny to see the different reactions he gets. He enjoys tricks and getting other people drunk.
Another thing Ivan enjoys is torturing people, which he sees as another game. It makes him feel in control (as he feels he has little control over his life). No one has really found this out about Ivan though (as it probably would have screwed his chances in getting chosen for the program). Normally he gets the person drunk them messes them up a bit, claiming it must have been a drunken dream when they wake up.

One last thing to note is that Ivan DOES remember what happened to him the year of his kidnapping. He seldom speaks of it, though the horrors tend to stalk him wherever he may go. At times he will wake up screaming from a nightmare, though he won’t say what happened. Other times he will simply tug his scarf over his neck (where he seems to have deep, violent scars). There also seems to be three notes that, when whistled, Ivan will have a mental breakdown. This seems to be connected to his kidnapper (whom he calls the Tall Man), though no one knows what the three notes are.
Also, don’t touch his scarf. It was the only thing he had with him during his kidnapping and is a safety blanket of sorts. He never takes it off. He has been ‘hypothetically’ known to kill for it.

RP sample:

His hands were freezing. They were so cold in fact, Ivan began to wonder if he even HAD hands. He stared down at them, his red, cracked skin screaming for some kind of heat and moisture. Funny, he saw them, but didn’t really feel them anymore.
That was the thing he loved, and yet hated about the snow. The winter.
It was the fact that you became numb.
Being numb was nice. Being numb meant he didn’t feel anything anymore. No more fear, or anger, or longing…just nothing. Just Ivan. He could remember being in the Lost Woods with the Tall Man, and just laying in the snow. Laying there until his feet went numb, then his legs, then his hands and his arms and his torso. So numb that he didn’t feel his scars anymore. So numb he could die.
But then that was the downside. Death.
Death meant losing. Death meant being out of control. And Ivan was a man who ALWAYS wanted to be in control. Ivan was a man who didn’t take kindly to losing. So instead of fading away he would fight. He would win.
“Ivan!” A man called from the cabin. The Russian turned around smiling.
“Yes?”
“Get the hell in here before you freeze your balls off! And-what? What the hell are you doing to that squirrel Ivan?!”
“Huh?” Ivan then looked back down to his hands, in which he was strangling a squirrel. Funny, he didn’t remember doing that… “Oh right, sorry.” He tossed the body aside and skipped back to the cabin. Back to warmth.

(OOC: Sorry for it being so long. I hope it’s ok ;w;)

niknik

Back to top Go down

Re: Ivan Braginski

Post by Gilbert Beildschmidt on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:44 pm

As to not scare you; I'm not saying the app is bad or rejecting it.

I'd rather be honest straight away here; there are a few factors in his history and personality that make me uncomfortable when put together, because it hints toward one of the common sue tropes '("traumatic awful past and sadistic person" thing). It's not one, it just have some traces of it and I myself would rather be safe than sorry.

However if you actually respect the forum's canon, you lose the "manipulate the government" bit that's a bit bothersome and it can be alright.
(Given it's explicitly said siblings WILL be taken together).
Then there's small details, like the fact Russia's scarf have a canon explanation you can very well apply here.
The kidnapping seems odd to me, but I guess if you want to keep it you can. I also think Russia is meant to be childish, which is where his cruelty comes from, not a genuine one where he torture people.

I think if you made it a bit more tame it'd be perfect. I think this app is not bad per say, just making me slightly uncomfortable so a few small changes would be required if you don't mind.
Gilbert Beildschmidt
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by niknik on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:41 am

will do ^^

niknik

Back to top Go down

Post by niknik on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 am

pffft. I'm an idiot. Since I posted as a guest I can't edit and take down the app, could you please delete it and I'll post the re-written one when ready? Thanks!

niknik

Back to top Go down

Ivan Braginski (round 2!)

Post by niknik on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 am

Name: Ivan Braginski

Country representing: The Russian Federation

Background:
Ivan is the middle child from a small farming family living at the border of Russia. He lived in a small town and learned early the tricks of the family trade. His father taught him basic hunting and building techniques until he was in his teens, which time his mother and father got a divorce. His mother received custody of his younger sister and moved to Belarus. Him and his older sister stayed with their father (though, Ivan was sent to military school shortly after the divorce was settled).

After graduating from his school Ivan decided to take up carpentry, as he felt most comfortable building things. His strength and endurance made him a fine candidate for his work, and he also had a knack for math and physics. His trade brought him up north to Siberia where he continued to work for a few years until he heard of the ‘utopian’ program.

Personality:

Some people call Ivan sadistic, but that’s a lie. He doesn’t get pleasure from hurting other people, he just finds it funny sometimes, that’s all. He doesn’t really see the difference between someone stubbing their toe and someone getting knocked unconscious. Both are funny, and so he laughs.
He also doesn’t know why people are put off by him. He has many boyish features about him, one of which being a stunted feeling of empathy towards others. What others see as cruel he sees as teasing, or a trick. He doesn’t mean to hurt anyone because it is a joke after all. He also loves sarcasm.
He loves poking fun and mentally ‘screwing’ with people. He loves to push other people’s buttons just to see if they’ll react. This sometimes does come back to bite him though since it encourages others to attempt to push his buttons as well. In the beginning he might smile creepily at you. Then he’ll start chuckling.
Then he’ll back hand you.

Important notes:
~Just because Ivan seems childish doesn’t mean he doesn’t act his age. He can hold a mature conversation just fine and enjoys talking to others, all jokes aside.

~Ivan loves cute things, though due to his giant stature cute things tend to not love him back. He is very shy about his appearance and doesn’t like to show off his body. He blushes easily and can get flustered by certain topics.

~He has a scarf that his oldest sister made for him before he went off to school. He has kept it with him ever since and loves it to death.

~He is scared of his little sister. She wants to marry him,’nough said.

~Ever see a tall, Russian man sigh like a girl. Well you will now.

RP sample:

“Alright, if you just go into the room to the left the doctor will be right with you Mr. Braginski.”
“Thank you.” Was all he said before he took a few steps into the small room, the door closing behind him. With a sigh he walked to the nearby chair and sat down, staring sadly at the medical papers on the walls.
This was the part of the test he wasn’t really looking forward to.
He had done fine with the physical things, and the written tests as well. In fact, now all that separated him from the other 30 men was his physical exam.
And by physical he didn’t mean throwing things or doing push ups, he meant physical ‘cough twice’ physical.
This always makes me feel uncomfortable. It’s not that I’m uncomfortable with another man…
Wait…
No that is pretty much the problem.

“Alright Mr…Braginski?” Ivan stood up and gave a small nod, his face trying it’s hardest to smile, “I see you have passed most of the examination. Good for you.”
“Yes, it wasn’t easy-“
“Says here you broke some of the equipment-“
“I am big boned…”
“And that you broke another man’s arm.”
“We had a bet.” The doctor looked up from his papers and gave the Russian a puzzled look. Ivan shrugged.
“He bet he could beat me at basketball. I bet I could break his arm.”
Silence.
“I won the bet.”
“No doubt.” The other man mused before putting the papers down. He then walked up to Ivan, pulling out a popsicle stick and motioning to Ivan, “Say aw.”
“Awww…” The doctor took a quick glance before removing the stick and tossing it in the trash. He then motioned for Ivan to lift his shirt before pulling out his stethoscope and placing it on the Russians chest. Ivan giggled, “It’s cold!”
“Take some deep breaths.” Smiling he took deep breaths, following the command three more times before putting his shirt back down. The doctor stepped back and nodded (more to himself than anything) before moving to his desk.
“To be honest I thought this was going to be worse. It’s been a long time since I’ve had my physical.”
The other man chuckled.
“Oh, there’s nothing to be worried about.” He then turned back to Ivan, slipping the other plastic glove to his hand. “Now take off your pants.”
Ivan sighed sadly and inwardly groaned.
This trip had better be worth it.

((Better? Hopefully?))

niknik

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beildschmidt on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 am

You could have posted this directly as an answer but that's fine (just warning you for future reference I'm going to merge the two topics so it's a slightly bit easier to navigate.)
It definitely is better to me, thanks for doing this! And you are accepted of course. You can make an account and post threads!
(I'll send the chat's link in a PM once I see you made it)
Gilbert Beildschmidt
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top